Sony Playstation 2 (PS2) Version
GTA San Andreas Game Cheats
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Alt. name(s): Grand Theft Auto SA, GTA SA, GTASA
More GTA San Andreas help? Click here to go to the Main Menu
CHEATS, HINTS AND TIPS BY LOCATION
1. Fly plane without pilot license: Walk up to the airport gate, touching it. Then, walk along the side of the gate into the corner were the fence bends (keeping in contact with the gate) and walk back into the middle of the gate. It will slide open. You must start in the middle and walk to whichever side the gate will slide open to. For example, if the gates on the left, walk to the left. If it does not work at first, keep trying.
2. Reach Las Venturas early: When you get to San Fierro, go to the shore and travel until you see the Golden Gate Bridge. Enable the "Drive on water" and "Spawn Rhino" codes. Get in the tank and find a way off of the shore. Drive until you get to Las Venturas, and drive onto land. When you get there, you will have a four star wanted meter. Explore the city, and when the police cars hit you, they should explode. Once you are done exploring, drive back into the water or swim back. The area you just explored should be on your map. Note: You cannot buy any property while invading the city. This trick can also be done to explore San Fierro early from Los Santos.
3. Valet Parking asset: After the 555 We Tip mission, you can do valet parking missions at the parking garage. You will be awarded a $ spot after level 5 of valet parking, where periodically you can claim free money.
4. Hippy Shopper asset: Get on the Freeway bike in front of the Hippy Shopper store near the Ammu-Nation. Complete level 4 of deliveries to get the store as an asset, where you can collect money.
5. Zero's RC Shop asset: After recruiting Zero, stop at his shop and complete all his missions. You will be awarded with a $ spot where you can periodically claim free money. Note: You can also make more money at Zero's place by doing an extra mission (after you have already completed all the missions to get the shop as an asset). Go to the back room in the shop and step into the red marker to trigger a mission where you use the RC Baron to destroy Berkely's shipping vans. For each van you destroy, you will get money. There is a time limit for each time you play the mission. You can replay this mission as many times as desired.
6. Multi-player location: Not far from the garage you own and beyond the construction area is a large building with a parking lot on either side, on the right side (north according to the map) is a two player icon. Multiple people types can be selected by the second player (three women and three men). Unlike those from the dating missions, this two player location will never go away.
7. Baseball bat: You can find a baseball bat at the baseball diamond in San Fierro at home plate, across the street from Zero's RC Shop.
8. Chain gun: There is a chain gun on Point Kinclad (big red train tracks in San Fierro). Take a helicopter or the Jetpack and fly onto the first arch leaving San Fierro to go to Las Venturas to find it.
9. Chainsaw: You can find the chainsaw weapon in two places. You can find one in the construction site behind your garage. Look for a ramp that leads up to a building ruin. Walk up there to find a chainsaw. The second location is in the Avispa Country Club area. Go into this area and find the tennis courts. They are near the parking lot with all the golf cars. In the tennis courts, you will find a chainsaw.
10. Guided rocket launcher: Go to the airport and from where the two helicopters spawn, go to the left. There will be two little buildings near the water. To the right of one of them will be propane tanks. In between two of them will be a lock on rocket launcher.
11. Parachute: Go to the Downtown area. Find the very big building. Out front, there a sign that reads "No base jumping". Go to the yellow triangle and you will go to the top. You will automatically get a parachute. This jump lets you fall a long way before opening the parachute. Note: You can only jump once, unless you die.
12. Parachute (2): Use the Jetpack to reach the very top of the northernmost tower of the bridge leading from San Fierro to Tierra Robada to find a parachute to skydive with.
13. Flamethrower and pool stick: In the Doherty area, go behind your garage to find a construction area (marked brown on the map). Go to the building just left of the road on the brown area. Under a broken ramp is a flamethrower and pool stick.
14. Military vehicles: Near the port in San Fierro there will be a naval base. If you quickly enter the compound and drive around, you will eventually find a military truck and Patriot vehicle. Note: Once you enter the compound of the naval base, you will get a five star wanted level.
15. Martial arts moves: Go inside the gym and defeat its owner to learn martial arts style attacks.
16. Fall off building and live: Go to the Big Pointy Building (the one with a parachute) in the Downtown area and jump off. Open your parachute and land. Go back up to the top. This time, you will not get a parachute. Jump off. Before you hit the ground, you will hit the side of the building and slide down. When you are close to the ground, you should hit one of the many slanted poles that hold up the building. This will slow you down enough so that you only lose about one sixth of your health. Note: Sometimes you will not hit a slanted pole and lose more health or die.
17. Fling Bulldozer around: Go to the construction yard near San Fierro. Go past the crane and turn left after the first hangar. Behind that, you will see a towtruck, Get in and drive towards the Bulldozer. Hook up the Bull Dozer. Drive up the hill to where there is an open area. Then, turn very sharp to either the left or the right. The Bulldozer will fling around, pulling the tow truck with it. For even more fun, get three or more tow trucks and hook them all up into a line. With three or more, the Bulldozer acts like a ball and chain flailing around.
18. Gant Bridge message: Note: This works best if you unlocked the Jet Pack or an expert at landing helicopters. Go to the Gant Bridge and fly up to the very top. Go the very top cable line piece that is horizontal, is south on the Gant Bridge, and is the closest to San Fierro. Fly up to the very top and look at the cable that is vertical to see a sign that reads "There are no Easter Eggs up here. Go Away".
19. Reference to Manhunt: When you first start the Zero RC toy shop's missions, watch the intermission sequence. Look closely in the background to see action figures of the main character from Manhunt, James Earl Cash.
20. Reference to Grand Theft Auto: Vice City: Go inside the Zero RC toy shop. Behind the cashier is a game being sold. That game is Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
21. Reference to Grand Theft Auto: Vice City: Go to the counter inside the Zero RC toy shop. You will see a rack of action figures that includes Tommy Vercetti from Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
22. Reference to Grand Theft Auto: Vice City: Buy the house in the Carlton Heights are (near the Go Kart Track). Go inside and look to your left. There should be a hallway. To your left should be your wardrobe. Look to your right and walk through the first door. After it opens, look at the picture above the bed to see the Diaz/Vercetti mansion from Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
More Locations - Click Here
More GTA San Andreas help? Click here to go to the Main Menu
NEW! Search the net for more Grand Theft Auto San Andreas help
Log a request for cheats and hints for this game. Click Here