Sony Playstation 2 (PS2) Version
GTA San Andreas Game Cheats
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Alt. name(s): Grand Theft Auto SA, GTA SA, GTASA
More GTA San Andreas help? Click here to go to the Main Menu
CHEATS, HINTS AND TIPS BY LOCATION
1. Reach other cities early: Use the following trick to get to the other cities before their freeway entrances are actually open. Go to any bridge that connects the start of city of Los Santos to any of the closed cities. Jump into the water that is under that bridge and swim across. When you get far enough, you will have a four star wanted rating. Once you get on land, get a vehicle as soon as possible. Note: You cannot use bribe icons or the Pay N' Spray to decrease this wanted rating.
2. Burglary missions: In the Ganton area of Los Santos, go towards the gym that is just a block south of the Blinco store and the bar. Across the street from the gym and to the south, you should see a van parked next to a house. It is a boxcar. After 20:00, jump in and you can go on burglary missions until sunrise.
3. Easy money: From the Johnson house in the Ganton area, go straight until you are in the front yard of the house opposite of yours. Turn right, and go behind it by going between that house and the one next to it. Go in the backyard until you are in the corner. You should see a pistol. Take it, then get back to Grove Street. If you see man, usually in black, that is standing there with his arms crossed, shoot him. He usually carries about $2,000 or more and a pistol, because he is a drug dealer. Repeat this to get easy money. Kill him quickly before he shoots you. It is possible to get $50,000 in one day by doing this.
4. Easy money (2): Upon exiting the Johnson house in Grove Street, walk straight toward the house opposite of yours, which is the one that sometimes has the BMX bike in the front yard, until you are in the grass. Go to your right between that house and the one next to it. Walk toward the corner and get the pistol. Go back to Grove Street and find a drug dealer. He is dressed in black with his hands crossed down at his hips. You will know he is a drug dealer because if you face him, he will try to do business. You will get a pop-up display in the top-right part of your screen on how to respond to him, even though you cannot actually buy anything. If you shoot and kill him, he drops $2,000 dollars or more, and a gun just like that one you picked up. Note: He will shoot back -- try to get a headshot. There is another drug dealer that is wearing a white hooded sweatshirt that does the same thing. He can usually be found up in the northeast part of Los Santos. You can find these dealers all over Los Santos in the areas littered with gangs.
5. Easy money (3): Go to the building with the parachute. When you get to the top, spawn a Caddy. Get in and drive slowly towards the edge of the building, then just fall off. You will begin to flip slowly. However, if you nudge the edge of the building, the Caddy will spin and flip like crazy. When you hit the ground, you will get a very large insane stunt bonus.
6. Easy money (4): Find the Inside Track Betting building in the Downtown area. Bet the maximum amount on the horse with the worst odds. If you lose, reload the game and try again. When you win, it will be a substantial amount.
7. Easy money (5): Get a weapon, then stand outside the your house in the Ganton area. Shoot your homies (wearing green). Some of them will drop a lot of money. Pick it up, and if you have a wanted level go inside and save the game. Repeat this to get a lot of money.
8. Easy money (6): Go to the Pig Pen Strip Club. You can jump on the big stage with the stripper. Stand directly in front of her, and people will throw $100 to her each time, which you can collect. Be very careful not to touch her, or the guards will start shooting at you. Note: This cheat takes awhile -- eat before you go.
9. Easy money (7): This trick requires maximum bike skill for both motorcycles and a regular bike. Go to the highest building in Los Santos, the circular one, and jump off using either the motorcycle or bike. While you are in mid-air, you can spin for a little bit or try to do a back flip. Stay on the bikes until you land and you will receive an insane stunt bonus for over $200.
10. Easy Hitman rating: This trick requires a controller in port two. To get an easy Hitman rating for either the 9 mm pistol or shotgun, go to the Los Santos Police Department. Note the two player icon across the street. Quickly enter the Police Department. Run and ignore any cops shooting at you and get the armor in the locker room. It is the first room on your right. There is an available pistol in the room on the right, at the far end of the hall. Proceed to dispose of the police using your pistol. If you need ammunition, the cops will drop a gun after you kill them. Your weapon skill will quickly raise as you kill the swarms of police that come after you. Continue shooting until your armor level becomes low or is gone. Then, run to the far end of the police station hall, down the stairs, and into the holding cells. In the middle cell is more armor. Use it and continue your massacre until your armor is once again depleted. Next, quickly run out of the door and across the street to the two player icon. Press R3 on controller two to enter two player mode. Simply kill the second player and your wanted level will be gone and your health will be refilled. Repeat this to gain Hitman status or simply gain ammunition. Note: Hitman status with the pistols will allow duel wielding, faster firing, improved accuracy, lock-on range increased and faster strafing. There is also a shotgun hidden in the police station in the room on your left as you enter, then to the room at the right at the end of that one. The shotgun may not respawn as soon as you enter, but in at least 60 seconds one should appear. You can use this available shotgun to reach Hitman status with. Note: Hitman status with the shotgun only gives you improved accuracy, move while firing, faster firing rate and lock-on range increased -- not duel wielding. Duel wielding can only be achieved with the sawed-off shotgun.
11. Easy Hitman rating (2): Go to the actual beach part of the Verona Beach area. Start shooting with the desired gun. The cops will arrive after awhile, but you can make them go away or just kill them for more. Keep doing this until the desired gun is at Hitman level. It is possible to get four weapons up to Hitman level in about an hour.
12. Easy Hitman rating (3): Walk out from CJ's house and make sure there a car in his garage. Use any weapon to shoot the car in the garage until it catches on fire. Walk away and let the garage close Then, open it and repeat the steps. You can do this with any weapon to get an easy Hitman level.
13. Easy Hitman rating (4): Go into the bar near CJ's house in the Ganton area. Kill everyone there and try to get a two or three star wanted level. Start killing the police that come through the door. When no one remains, turn around and look. They should be there.
14. Easy Hitman rating (5): To raise your weapon skills quickly, enter a dance club, such as the "Alhambra" in the Idlewood area. Begin shooting people with the weapon of your choice. Doing so during the afternoon or night hours (12:00to 04:00) greatly increases the amount of people that respawn in the club. Since so many people spawn, you have a virtually limitless amount of people to "train" with. Doing so however, raises your wanted level greatly. Enable the "Lower wanted level" code or know where the police bribes are, as you will need them.
15. Easy Hitman rating (6): Drive to the Burger restaurant where OG Loc is working. Mark the location of the Pay 'N' Spray near the beach closest to this spot on your map. Go into the restaurant with a two or three star wanted level. Order food if needed, then hold the place up. Everyone will crouch down into a fetal position. You may kill them if desired, as they have some money. The police will morph into the building but they will be in the same position as the customers. They will not shoot you, never stop coming in (usually seven at a time). You have all the time needed to reach Hitman status on any gun. Make sure you have at least 400 bullets or more. You may also go back out and immediately return if you get hungry, but you must hurry to the counter. Sometimes the police will be eating there and they will shoot at you immediately. However, as soon as you aim your gun, they will stop, but the food will not be available if this is done. When you are finished, make sure all seven officers are alive in the building (this seems to cause less police shooting at you on the outside), then hold X + Left Analog-stick Right to run around to the back of the building. There are always two vehicles parked here. Take one and make two rights then a left to the Pay 'N' Spray. Wait inside until the flashing stars disappear. Do this for two weapons and you will have over half your reputation easily.
16. Brass knuckles: When you first start the game, go to the underpass two doors from your house in the Ganton area. There are brass knuckles in the grass.
17. Cane: Go behind to the Vinewood sign. Search behind the "V" to find a cane that can be used as a melee weapon.
18. Camera: Go in CJ's bedroom. There will be a camera beside the bed. Also, once you complete a certain mission, there will also be a can of spray paint there.
19. Chainsaw: Follow the train tracks south towards Ocean Docks area. Along the way you should see some tire piles. Look around the stacks and you will find a chainsaw.
20. Handgun: Go behind Sweet's house. In the corner will be a gun.
21. Handgun (2): Walk to the street from CJ's house. Walk between the house across from CJ's and go to the right. You will see a hand gun.
22. Katana: Find the 8-Ball shop near where you did the mission where you met Ceaser. Directly behind the 8-Ball shop is a fence. Climb over it and you will find the katana.
23. Machine gun: Jump on top of Sweet's house, then jump on roofs towards CJ's house. On top of one will be a machine gun.
24. Machine gun (2): Go in back of CJ's house. Climb onto the wall and walk over to the his house. Jump onto it then climb to the raised part of his house. When you are on his roof, jump onto the house next to his then jump onto Sweet's house to obtain a machine gun.
25. Shotgun: When you rob the pizzeria with Ryder in the beginning of the game, instead of running to the car as soon as you get out of there, punch out the clerk for the shotgun. Note: This works better if you get the brass knuckles found underneath the over pass near your hood.
26. Weapons storage warehouse: Go to the Ocean Docks area in Los Santos. Look for railroad tracks and follow them south until they lead to a building with boxcars. The complex can only be entered by jumping the wall, going through the boxcar warehouse, or by an opening to the right of the warehouse. The boxcar warehouse has a sawed-off shotgun (you will need a car to get it) in one of the cars, a plank bridge that leads to body armor, and gas grenades located at the back exit. A short distance away from the back exit, you will see an entrance to another warehouse. This one is full of crates. Go through the crates to find stairs. Behind the stairs is an AK-47. Go up the stairs to find more body armor.
27. Spray paint: The spray can is located in the upstairs bedroom of CJ's house in the Ganton area.
28. Spray paint (2): Go in back of CJ's house. Climb onto the wall and walk over to the his house. Jump onto it then climb to the raised part of his house. Walk towards the back of it, and you will see that there is a building connected to it. Walk onto that building and you will see a can of paint.
29. Parachute: In Downtown area (near the three way highway section and the red line where the train is passing on your map), you will see a tall circular building with blue/white glass windows. The entrance (with the yellow triangle) is just in the front of it. Enter it, and you will go to the roof of the building where you can find a parachute. Take it, jump down from the roof, and press Circle to open the parachute. Use the Left Analog-stick to control it. Note: You must wait a short time until the parachute respawns back on the roof.
30. Parachute (2): In the Downtown area, there is a skyscraper near the overpass with three triangular columns in front of the corner entrance. Across the street is a building with circular structures around the windows and facing west at the end of the street, a building with a yellow "gems" billboard on top. Enter the skyscraper and go up the stairs. You will see the parachute. If you want to try it, jump off the building and press Circle. Note: Each parachute is good for one jump only.
31. Parachute (3): Go to the police station in the Downtown area. At the doors, you will see a yellow upside down triangle. When you walk in it, you will see a flight of stairs. Go up them and look to the left. You will see a parachute backpack. Walk to it and make sure your weapon display shows the backpack. When you confirm that it is there, jump off and press Circle. The parachute will open. Use the Left Analog-stick to steer yourself left or right or slow down. You can wait until you are lower before opening it. If you wait too long, the parachute will not open in time and you will die.
32. Uzi: There is an Uzi under the bridge in the waterway to the right of your house in the Ganton area when you exit it.
33. Shovel: Go into Ryder's back yard (to the right of your house) in the Ganton area. There is a shovel next to the back of the house.
34. Boxing moves: Go inside the gym and defeat its owner to learn boxing style attacks.
35. Play basketball: After completing the Taggin Up Turf mission, you can go beside Sweet's house. There will be a basketball court with a basketball in the middle. Walk up to it and press Triangle to play basketball. Note: You can only play by yourself.
36. Play pool and arcade games: Go out of CJ's neighborhood in Ganton. At night, you will see a bar with beer bottles flashing on top of it. It is next to the bridge. Go inside the bar, and there will be a man next to the pool table. Walk up to him and press Triangle to play a game of pool. You can also bet money on the game. There are also arcade games you can play in the bar.
37. Play video game: Go in CJ's living room and walk up to the television. Press Triangle to play "The Came From Uranus".
38. Practice dance moves: In the Idlewood area (between the three way highway section and the red line where the train is passing on your map) is the Alhambra Club. You can find it easily by the four torches at the entrance. Once there, you can practice your dance by pressing the corresponding buttons (X, Circle, Triangle, and Square) as shown on the screen).You can also play some video games at the arcade machine or buy some food or drinks at the vending machines.
39. Bet on horses: Near the Downtown and Mulholland Intersection areas (under the highway, next to the big parking lot), is a building called Inside Track Betting (with red/pink/blue posters). The entrance is just in front of it, and you can play a horse race game. You first bet on one of the horse to win, then the amount of money. Afterwards you can see the race.
40. Two player mode: Note: You must have a second controller inserted in port two. In the Ganton area, start from Grove Street where the Johnson house is located. Drive under the first bridge and continue to go straight. Next, youshould drive over some railroad tracks. After this, you should drive under a second bridge. Take the first right turn you see. It should be a dead end. Drive until your car hits the grass, then look to your left. You should see an open doorway. Walk through it and you should see a small "2 Player" icon. Press any button on controller two to begin.
41. Two player mode (2): When you are on the missions from Big Smoke go north of his house. You should see some wrecked buildings. Go through them to find a two player free roam icon.
42. Vending machine: Go to the bar near Ganton but do not go in. Instead, look around the bar and close to the bridge will be a drink machine. Go up to it and press Triangle to pay $1 for a drink.
43. Roboi's Food Mart asset: Go to the 24-7 store located near the Conference Center area. Outside the front parking lot will be a bike. Get on the bike and you will automatically begin the courier missions, which require you to deliver packages thought Los Santos by throwing them through rings at the destination. After completing three levels you will acquire the 24-7 store. Use the bike that was in front of to collect up to $2,000.
44. Easy weapons: Drive around and hit Ballas. When they are dead, pick up their guns then get back in your car and find more. This will get you a lot of weapons very fast.
45. Dildo weapon: Enter the police station in the Pershing Square area of Los Santos. Walk around inside the police station to find the shower/bathroom. In there you will find a large purple dildo that can be used to hit people. Note: Brandishing a weapon in the police station will get you two stars on your wanted level. The dildo acts like a club or nightstick. Note: There is also a PR-24 (nightstick) in the police station as well. You can pick up the dildo and the PR-24 without anything happening, but when you take the shotgun you will get two stars on your wanted meter.
46. Dildo weapon (2): Go to the small town of Dillimore near Red County. Find the police station with the garage opened up outside. Unequip your weapon and enter the police station by walking over the entrance marker. Once inside, proceed into the hallway ahead of you and take the first right into a locker room. In this locker room will be body armor and a night stick. Keep walking behind the locker room, and there will be an opening in the wall with a large walk-in shower. Proceed into the shower and take an immediate right. You will see a pink dildo spinning. You can pick this up as your melee weapon and begin dildo-bashing people.
47. Easy Stamina upgrade: Go to the Ganton Gym in Los Santos. Go to the bicycle and start at level 1. Work your way up to level 10. After awhile it will say that you have worked to your limit and to return. Keep pedaling and your stamina will start to increase.
48. Easy Stamina upgrade (2): Use the following trick to get a lot of weapons, increase your muscle, increase your stamina, and get a "Hitman" rating with any weapon. After the initial mission, go to the Verona beach area (on the south part of the map near the ocean). There is a free open gym here. Use it to increase your muscle and stamina. when you need to eat, there is a free hot dog stand down the path east of the gym, or just save the game at your house. To get "Hitman" status with any gun, find the weapon of your choice and shoot people or cars. Try going to any parking lot and shooting cars. It is easier and they respawn if you ride a short distance away and return. You can get as much money as desired doing the fire truck missions, then going to the off track betting after getting at least $10,000. Bet 10% of your money on the last horse until you win. If you lose too much money, reload your game and return. Repeat this process until you have a good amount of money.
49. Fly plane without pilot license: Go to the airport and get to the place that you would enter if you had a pilot license. If you try to get in the gate, it will say you cannot unless you have the license. Next to the gate is a small building. You will need a small car or any type of bike (BMX, bike, motorcycles, etc.). Stand on top of it and jump on top of the building. Jump off and you should see a fence. Climb the fence and you will see a Dodo plane. Also, if you follow the runway east, you will see a small jet that is unlocked.
50. Fly plane without pilot license (2): To get into the Los Santos airport without a pilots license go all the way south until you reach a tunnel. On the south side of the tunnel, look along the fence line of the airport. Notice how the sidewalk has an incline. Walk up the incline and climb up the ledge where the bottom of the fence starts. Turn towards the ramp sign and jump across. You should grab onto the sign. Then, climb up on top of it, turn towards the fence, and jump. You should jump across and grab the fence. CJ will pull himself up and over, and you will be in the airport.
51. Fly plane without pilot license (3): To access Los Santos International airport early, get a large van and hop over the fence where the guard tells you that you need a pilots license. You can also get any car and hop over the fence around the corner from the guard. Once inside, you will have to hop another fence, then you will find a Dodo. If you go a little further inside near the runway, you will find a jet.
52. Fly plane without pilot license (4): Go to either the airport and get to the place that you would enter if you had a pilot license. If you try to get in the gate, it will say you cannot unless you have the license. Next to the gate is a small building. You will need a small car or any type of bike (BMX, bike, motorcycles, etc.). Stand on top of it and jump on top of the building. After you jump off of the building, just walk around and look for a plane.
53. Escape police: Walk behind the Mullholland safe house to the pool. Face the side that has five windows. Walk into the one closest to the corner. Go to the area of that window that is away from the corner. Slowly go in there and lean to the right. Unless you go too slow and lead an officer in there, you will be safe. The police can see you, but cannot hurt you, even when you have the maximum amount of stars on your wanted meter.
54. Quick map fill: To get all of the map showing in the starting area if the game, get on the freeway and continue going until you cannot go further. Then, pause game play. The entire bottom right half of the map should be marked as explored.
55. Unlock more gang territories: Get in a Rustler from the abandoned airport and fly southeast. Once you pass Los Santos International Airport, fly to the top of the second altitude bar and release X to allow the plane fly in autopilot. About every three minutes, look at your stats and examine the Gang section to find that the Vagos or the Ballas have gained a territory. Sometimes the Grove Street also takes more territories. To get the entire map filled with gang territories, let the plane autopilot for over two hours. Check you plane periodically so that it does not crash in the ocean. Once you die, the territories will be visible on the map.
56. Business references: In the "Sunset Strip" area ,you can see a train car parked off the street (near the hill that you drive up to get to Mad Dog's mansion). This is supposed to be Carney's, the burger joint that is actually on the real Sunset Strip in Los Angeles.
57. Business references (2): Earlier in the game, across the street where you meat Tenpenny (at a donut shop) for a mission, look at the wall across the street. You can see an advertisement for "Blob Music", which is a reference to Amoeba Music which can be found in Hollywood, Berkeley, and San Francisco. The design looks almost identical to that of the real business.
58. Reference to Manhunt: Enter the bar near CJ's house. Along with various other paintings on the inside walls, there will be the red-eyed elite guardsmen that worked for the Director in Manhunt.
59. Reference to True Crime: Streets Of L.A.: There is a billboard in the Los Flores area that is advertising "True Grime".
More Locations - Click Here
More GTA San Andreas help? Click here to go to the Main Menu
NEW! Search the net for more Grand Theft Auto San Andreas help
Log a request for cheats and hints for this game. Click Here