Sony Playstation 2 (PS2) Version
GTA San Andreas Game Cheats
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Alt. name(s): Grand Theft Auto SA, GTA SA, GTASA
More GTA San Andreas help? Click here to go to the Main Menu
GENERAL CHEAT, HINTS AND TIPS - PAGE TWO
CLICK HERE FOR PAGE ONE
51. Dual weapons: Reach the 'Hitman' rank in a weapon skill to be able to wield two of that weapon at once. To increase your weapon skill, practice at the shooting range or use that weapon frequently. You can dual wield pistols, the sawed off shotgun, Uzi, and Tek.
52. Double SMG ammunition: Go into an Ammu-Nation and enter the shooting range. Press Triangle as soon as it starts to exit the shooting range. If you were carrying an SMG at the time, your ammunition will have doubled. Repeat this trick to get as much as needed.
53. Suicide bomber: Enable the 'Weapon tier 3' code and then select the bombs which are blown up by a detonator. Throw one of them at someone, and it should stick to them. You can now blow them up like a suicide bomber.
54. Stealth kills: With a knife, target a person and sneak up behind them. Press Circle, and if they do not notice you, you will perform an instant kill silently.
55. Destroying cars quickly: To quickly blow up cars, shoot the gas tank. This is useful when killing a lot of people at once.
56. Car surfing: Hop on top of a car and fire your gun. When you fire any gun, all the drivers around you will start driving wildly to escape you, including the car that you are standing on. It feels like as if you are on a roller coaster. Try it on the highway, and try to pick off the cars around you. For even more fun, try this game with the 'Flying cars', 'Sports car traffic', or 'Carnival theme' codes enabled.
57. Play pool for free: First, enter a bar, such as 'The Green Bottle' in the Ganton area of Los Santos. Find a pool table and wager whatever desired. If you lose the game, just use the cue stick to hit the person who just took your money to death. Then, pick the money he drops, which may be slightly more than your bet.
58. Play pool for free (2): When you walk in the bar, either play a game of pool or just kill the man standing there and take his pool stick. Square up with the pool table and start pressing Circle. The pool balls should move. If not, then square yourself with the pool table.
59. Free pool shots: When playing pool you can get a free shot by pressing Triangle as you take your shot and hit the ball. If done correctly, you should hit the ball and your cue should follow your white ball like if you had never taken your shot. If you pot the white ball by doing this, it freezes your game. Simply press Triangle as you press the Right Analog-stick Forward and you will get an extra shot every time.
60. Hit pedestrian with the front of your shotgun: Note: This cannot be done with more than two weapons. Get a melee weapon (baseball bat, dildo, or a police nightstick and an ordinary shotgun. If you have more than those two weapons then this trick cannot be done. Switch to your melee weapon. Walk up to a pedestrian and hit them then immediately press Circle to switch to your shotgun. If done correctly, CJ should hit the pedestrian with the shotgun as if he were using it as a melee weapon.
61. Recruiting gang members: Press R1 to target a gang member, then press D-pad Up.
62. Saving gang members: To save a gang member or bodyguard when you turn off the game, go to your safe house. Go to your garage Run in the garage with your bodyguards. Run out without your bodyguards, and then save the game.
63. Gang member drive-by: Once you have a level one Respect upgrade, go to Grove street and walk up to a gang member (dressed in green). Without a gun equipped, hold R1 on a gang member and press D-pad Up. You have now recruited him into your own personal mini-gang. If you get into a car, they will follow you. If you get three gang members and get in a four-door car, you can drive through Balla territory and your homies will lean out of the car and shoot at the Ballas who are driving by or standing around. They will also attack anyone who could be a threat to you (for example, the police). You can get only one gang member on the back of a PCJ-600, and no gang members on a Rhino. Note: To tell your members to stay, hold R1 and press D-pad Down. To tell them to follow you, hold R1 and press D-pad Up.
64. Keep gang territory easily: If your gang turf is under attack, go to a save point and save the game. When it is done saving, your turf will no longer be under attack and it will still be yours.
65. Keep gang territory easily (2): When your hood is under attack, find a police car or motorcycle, fire truck, ambulance, or taxi. Get in and press R3 to start the vehicle's missions. Then, press R3 again to exit and your hood will be safe.
66. Taking over gang territories: An easy way to take over territories is to find a high place like a roof top. First, kill a few gang members to start the war, then get onto a roof. When you are up there, they will still shoot at you but will not have accurate aim and will miss frequently.
67. Taking over gang territories (2): It is recommended that the 'Air Strip' missions be completed first. To easily take over territories, go to the airstrip and take the Jetpack. Go to any enemy territory and start a gang war by killing some enemy gang members. Fly and land on any building roof you can easily see incoming enemy gang members. Kill all gang members from up there. By doing this, you can easily hold all enemy territories. Be patient when killing gang members, and try to stay inside the war zone. The distance between the airstrip and enemy territories is long, but this is the easiest way to quickly and safely hold enemy gang territories. All territories can be held by using the Jetpack, but only one by one.
68. Gang member race: You can do this trick in any race mission with the checkered flag on your map. Bring a gang member with you. You can even bring three if the race is with a four door car. Walk into the red mission circle. Select a race and when it starts and counts down, you will see your gang member spawn to the street and walk towards your car. The races will start, and you must wait a moment before he gets in your car.
69. Gang member poses: Get a camera and recruit one of your Grove Street members. Hold R1 to look through the lens, and your gang member will go in front of it and give a thumbs up or wave.
70. Take a photo of yourself: Have the camera active as your current weapon, then target a member of your own gang. Press L1 to give them the camera and they will snap a picture of CJ.
71. Take a photo of yourself (2): Have the camera and recruit a gang member. Switch to the camera and get close to the gang member you just recruited. There will be a menu pop up on the top left, telling you to press L1. After you press L1, get into place and take the picture.
72. Climbing trees: To climb a tree, find a ledge that will allow you to jump to the branches at the top of a tree. If you hit them correctly, CJ should grab onto the branches and allow you to pull him up. There is an easily accessible one just outside of Glen Park Hospital to practice with.
73. Breaking fences: Walk up to a fence and either punch it or cut it with a chainsaw.
74. Stop climbing fence or ledge: To stop climbing a fence or ledge, tap Triangle while CJ is trying to get over.
75. Expand and shrink moon: Use a sniper rifle to shoot the moon to make it expand, then shrink in size.
76. Lock on enemies: When fighting someone (not with gun), press R1 to lock on to them.
77. Spray paint as a weapon: The spray paint is not only is meant for spraying tags. It also can be used as a weapon. Aim the spray paint in the direction of a pedestrian and they will lean forward, coughing.
78. Gain respect: To gain respect, stay in your neighborhood and get a wanted star, then kill all the police that arrives. Once you reach a four star wanted level (and if you killed enough police), you will gain some respect.
79. Gain respect (2): Completing missions is not the only way to earn respect. By spraying other gang's tags, you will also earn a bit, and by taking over another gang's area you will earn a lot. Note: You must have completed some missions before you can take over areas. You can see on the radar witch areas you have taken over, and which areas the enemy gangs own. Your own territory is marked with green, and your enemies are yellow or purple.
80. Respect status: Your respect is made up of the following factors: Running Respect (see below): 40%. Mission Progress: 36%. Territory Under Control: 6%. Money: 6%. Fitness: 4%. Clothes: 4%. Girlfriend Progress: 4%.
Your Running Respect is changed by the following factors: Killing a dealer: +.005%. Killing a gang member: +.5%. Killing a member of your gang: -.005%. A member of your gang is killed: -2%. Territory gained: +30%. Territory lost: -3%.
81. Eating too much: If you eat too much in a restaurant you will vomit on the floor and the cashier will laugh at you. After this happens, you cannot eat again for a while.
82. Effects of being fat: When you are fat, CJ will say different phrases. For example, when you are fighting he will say 'I got weight on my side,' or 'I may be big, but I ain't slow'. The downside to being fat is that when your body fat meter gets full, you run the risk of having a heart attack. This only happens in very rare circumstances. You will return to the nearest hospital. Also, if you have no muscle stat, or very little, you may not be able to climb high walls or 'super sprint'. When fat, CJ will waddle around like a penguin, and if you look closely (this happens with no shirt) the fat on his body will wobble.
83. Vending machines: When you find a vending machine that serves chips, zoom in on it with a pistol or rifle. It is blurry, but you can tell that the chips inside the machine are real-life brands. Some chips that can be easily identified are Doritos, Lay's Potato Chips, and Munchos, to name a few.
84. Floating breasts: Start two player mode and choose the prostitute. Enable the 'Spawn Jetpack' code and turn the camera towards her.
85. Radio comment: After doing some Grove Street missions and seizing territory, one of the DJs on the radio will say 'Have you heard Grove Streets making a comeback? That's great news. hope they don't take me out just for playing this music.'
86. Radio comment (2): After the 555 We Tip mission, another DJ says 'Did you hear about that D.A. with the trunk full of drugs? I can't believe that. Keeping it all for his own personal stash.'
87. Radio comment (3): You can also listen to the talk radio to hear Lazlo host the entertainment section, where he interviews OG LOC (the rapper you help during the Grove Street missions) OG LOC's manager is now Big Smoke .
88. Reference to Grand Theft Auto 3: Pay close attention to the shows that are heard on WFTC while cruising around San Andreas. Notice that one of the shows is called 'Gardening With Maurice'. If listened to Chatterbox in Grand Theft Auto 3, you may remember Lazlow (the host) talking to a caller who said 'Gardening With Maurice' got taken off the air. Obviously this game takes place further in the past, so 'Gardening With Maurice' is still on.
89. Reference to Grand Theft Auto Vice City: In the mission when you have to rescue Truth's friends, one of them is Kent Paul from Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. The old man who runs the casino that you later meet in the mission is Ken Rosenberg, Tommy Vercetti's lawyer in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and mentions Tommy and the 'good old days' in an intermission sequence.
90. Reference to Grand Theft Auto Vice City (2): Walk into an Ammu-Nation and listen carefully. You can hear a commercial that was featured in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. It says 'The store leading the fight against communism is having a blowout sale! Ammunation has a wide selection of Peace Makers! Come by Ammunation on Militia Mondays... '
91. Screensaver: Allow the game to idle for a few minutes. The HUD will disappear and the game will zoom in on other nearby people instead of CJ.
92. Reference to Candy Suxxx: Some of the safe houses you can purchase have a familiar picture of adult film star Candy Suxxx on the wall, who originally appeared in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
More Game Cheats - Click Here
More GTA San Andreas help? Click here to go to the Main Menu
NEW! Search the net for more Grand Theft Auto San Andreas help
Log a request for cheats and hints for this game. Click Here