Sony Playstation 2 (PS2) Version
GTA San Andreas Game Cheats
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Alt. name(s): Grand Theft Auto SA, GTA SA, GTASA
More GTA San Andreas help? Click here to go to the Main Menu
GENERAL CHEAT, HINTS AND TIPS - PAGE ONE
CLICK HERE FOR PAGE TWO
1. Reaching other cities early: Hijack the train. The easiest is when it is at one of the stations. Then, drive it full speed to the bridges to the other islands. You may need to use the entire city to pick up enough speed. Also, you must be careful around sharp turns. The train will de-rail. Note: This was done with the freight train. When you approach the bridge at the edge of the city, you will slow down, even if you are going very fast. The train will pass through the barricade, as if it were a ghost. You will get a four star wanted level. There is a police bribe on the train tracks in the second city that you will pick up if you pass by it on the train, but your wanted level will immediately jump back to four stars. Also, the train is bullet proof. You cannot die from bullets when inside the train.
2. Reaching other cities early (2): The following is a multi-step process which may take some time to get correct. Get the parachute located on top of the very tall building a few blocks from the police station in downtown Los Santos. The building is shaped circular inside and 'L' shaped on your map. Walk around to the northeast corner of the circular building and step into the yellow triangle to get the parachute that is on the roof. Take it, and keep it (do not switch to a weapon). Go back down and get armor from the police station. It is nearby and has two sets. Do not draw a weapon in the station or you will get a two star wanted level. Next, get the jet at LSX, the airport at Los Santos. Drive up to the gate, climb up on your car, and onto the guard booth, and climb over into the airport. Walk back around to the gate. It will open, and you can get your car and drive back in. Then, find the jet. It is called the Shamal and is located at the end of the runway. Take off and get some practice flying, diving, climbing, rolling, etc. Next, choose a location on your map that you want to go. You can press Circle on the map screen to pin that location on the radar. For example, choose the Binco store in Las Venturas. It is next to the Las Venturas airport and the highway. Once you pass the city line, you will get four stars on your wanted meter. Because you are in the air, they will try to shoot you down with missiles. Notice the two red blips on your radar that are fast approaching. Dive, climb, and roll and the missiles will miss. Do not forget to keep your eye on your target. Once you are over your target and are very high, press Triangle to exit the plane. You will drop straight down. You must be high enough for your parachute to open or you die when you hit the ground. When you are safely on the ground, start running. If you chose to go to Binco or another store, notice that you can go inside and buy clothes. If you buy clothes, you will get rid of the four stars wanted level, as long as you remain in the store. Once you step outside, the four stars will return to your wanted meter.
3. Reaching other cities early (3): Enable the 'Drive on water' code or swim across the ocean to where you want to go. You will automatically get a four star wanted level when coming ashore in Las Ventruas and a five star wanted level for coming ashore in San Fierro. These stars will not go away with the 'Lower wanted level' code, but will disappear when you leave the city.
4. Reaching other cities early (4): When in Los Santos, you will find that all bridges to the other two regions will be blocked by blockades. Sometimes if you try to go through the blockade at high speed with a fast vehicle, it will go through and glitch, along with the AI vehicles that are following.
5. Easy money: In order to waste time to allow money to accumulate without dealing with CJs eating needs, simply press Triangle in front of the television in your hideout. His health will remain constant, without him needing to eat. You can leave the PlayStation2 idling in this state to accumulate money easily.
6. Easy money (2): Find a save point that is close to a betting shop. The one in the Montgomery are is ideal because it is near to the save point where you have to do the four missions for Catalina. Save your game, then go to the betting shop and bet all your money on a horse. It takes awhile to enter the numbers, but is worth it because you can make a huge amount of cash (especially if you bet on horses with odds of 10/1, 11/1, 12/1, etc.). It takes roughly three to four minutes to bet the maximum amount of money, which is $9,999,995. You will not win every time. When you lose, reload your last saved game. It is possible to get $250,000,000 by betting your winnings of $30,000 to $700.000 to $2,000,000 to the maximum bet.
7. Easy money (3): Walk into a bar and beat up all the customers with a bat, nightstick, or pool cue. More customers spawn and your wanted level will not rise. No one pulls out a gun, and your maximum health will increase after a number of fights. Beating up the person next to the pool tables gets you a pool cue, and every once in awhile a customer will spill a few hundred dollars.
8. Easy money (4): Enable the 'Flying cars' code. Fly around for a few seconds then touch the ground. You will get money for insane stunts.
9. Easy money (5): Enable the 'Vehicle of death' and 'Flying cars' code. When you are up in the air, fly down to the ground and hit it to get money for a unique trick. The higher you go and hit the ground, the more money you can make. You can also deactivate the code while in the air and hit the ground to make a lot of money.
10. Easy money (6): While on a Bmx bike, enable the 'Massive bunny hops' code. put on the code mad hops. Then, hold L1 and jump. While in the air, hold L1 and as soon as you hit the ground release the button. Do this continuously to get big combos.
11. Saving money: Buy lots of ammunition for the Tec-9 which costs about $300. When you have enough, buy one SMG. The game will transfer all your Tec-9 ammunition into your SMG, saving you thousands of dollars. Note: This does not work for the pistols, rifles, or thrown weapons.
12. Easy races: Before a race, enable the 'Pedestrian riot' code. The racers will start fighting with fans and you can finish in first without even trying.
13. Easy Hitman rating: Shoot at the black part of a wheel. If you shoot at the rim it will not work. Keep on shooting until the skill bar is all the way up for the desired weapon.
14. Two player mode: Successfully complete the Burning Desire mission where you rescue Denise. A red two player free roam icon will now appear on Denise's porch near the door. The icon will appear there when she is home and will go on a date. Stand on the icon and press Start on controller two to activate the icon. Note: If both enter a car, the passenger will have free aim with a machine gun. Note: Do not try to kill Denise, because you will never be able to date her again or play in two-player mode at her house.
15. Two player mode (2): Once you get your girlfriend, take her on a date. After you drop her off, there will be a rotating icon of two people directly in front of the door. Walk into it. It will tell you to push any button on the controller two. Do so to start two player mode, involving CJ and his girlfriend in a free roam.
16. Two player mode (3): For more fun in two player mode, start the two player mission. Then, enable the 'Spawn Jetpack' code and press Triangle to remove the Jetpack. Then, have player two get the Jetpack. Enable the Jetpack code again, then have player one get it. Both players can now fly around and do the two player missions this way.
17. Easy Pilot license: Go to the airport in San Fierro and enable the 'Spawn Jetpack' code. . Enter the Shamel jet and enable the 'Speed up time' code. Fly it until a message appears in the corner. Fly it for about five or ten more minutes and you will have a pilot license without going to pilot school. Note: Make sure you save the game.
18. Lose weight quickly: If you want to lose weight quickly, enable the 'Speed up time' code.
19. Stay underwater forever: Dive underwater, and once your breath is out, you will start losing health. If you want to stay underwater, keep enabling the 'Armor, health, money, and street creds' code when your health is low. You will be able to remain underwater, and max your Lung Capacity attribute easily.
20. Restore breath faster: When you are swimming and are about to run out of breath, return to the surface. Keep jumping up and down with Square. Your breath meter will refill faster.
21. Lock two player mode camera view: After two player mode is activated, press Select to lock the view to either player.
22. Oyster bonus: Collect all fifty oysters to increase your sex appeal and lung capacity. Note: To find the oysters faster, get a Sea Sparrow (which can land on water). You can find one by the Sherman Dam.
23. Horseshoe bonus: Collect all fifty horseshoes in Las Venturas to get a M4, MP5, combat shotgun, and satchel charges to appear at the Four Dragons Casino.
24. Tag bonus: Spray all one hundred hidden tags in Los Santos to get an AK-47, Tec-9, Sawn-off shotgun, and Molotov cocktails to appear inside your house on Grove Street.
25. Snapshot bonus: Take all fifty snapshots in San Fierro to get a sniper rifle, Micro SMG, shotgun, and grenades to appear at your San Fierro garage.
26. Mike Toreno mission bonus: Complete all missions assigned by Mike Toreno to get a flamethrower, minigun, rocket launcher, and homing rocket launcher to appear at his cabin in Tierra Robada.
27. Increase muscle or stamina: At about 22:00, go to a gym and work out, maxing yourself. After you have worked out enough for the day, wait another minute until the time is 0:00. Max yourself out for that day then go home. Save two or three times and you can repeat this process.
28. Increase muscle or stamina (2): To get your character maxed out in the muscle and stamina attributes, do the following. Go the gym near the Johnson house. Work out until you are told that it is enough for one day. Go home (right down the block), save the game to advance to the next day. Return to the gym and you can work out again. You can now max out your muscle and stamina in less then a half hour.
29. Increase bike skill: Enable the 'Massive bunny hops' code. Keep jumping very high by holding L1 for a long time. As you jump, do some flips (backwards or any funny stunt) and land perfectly. You will then receive a unique stunt award or an insane stunt award and your skill will increase. To do this perfectly without falling while doing the stunts, use the 'Never fall off your bike' glitch. Get some speed, jump as high as possible, do stunts, and do not fall. This will increase CJ's bike skill.
30. Increase driving skill: Go to San Fierro and pass the tests at the driving school.
31. Increase driving skill (2): Find a tractor or a slow moving car. Drive the roads without going as fast as you can (move slowly). This will take awhile, but will increase your driving skills.
32. Increase underwater skill: Repeatedly swim underwater to increase your lung capacity and your underwater skill.
33. Increase weapon skill: Achieve a high wanted level and go into a restaurant. Shoot everyone with the weapon that you want to raise in rank. If you walk around and wait, police will spawn, but will not shoot you. Police can raise your weapon skill faster than pedestrians. This works best in Burger Shot because of the wide area that you can walk around in. Continue until you reach Hitman status.
34. Increase weapon skill (2): Use the following trick in front of any safe house. Use the gun you want to get up to Hitman status to repeatedly shoot a car until it explodes. Then, go to the next car. Repeat this until you reach Hitman status for that weapon. Watch out for the police. You can shoot them, then keep shooting the cars. When you are almost dead, enter your safe house and save the game. Your health will be restored and wanted level removed.
35. Increase weapon skill (3): To attain Hitman level quicker, select your desired weapon and go to a Pay 'N' Spray. Park your vehicle directly next to the Pay 'N' Spray. Exit the vehicle and repeatedly shoot people, cars, and cops. When your wanted level is raised to two stars or above, run to your vehicle and drive into the Pay 'N' Spray to cancel it. If your vehicle is not damaged, the respray is free. Wait for the wanted stars to stop flashing, then start shooting people again.
36. Increase weapon skill (4): Get lots of bullets for the guns that you want Hitman or Gangster status for. Go to Tierra Robada. Look around at the north of the island to find a little house. Stay in there and enable the 'Increase wanted level' code three times. Stay in the cabin and wait for the police to approach. When they enter the house, kill them.
37. Increase weapon skill (5): Go into a police station and find a room with one entry point, and something that you can hide behind (like a desk). Take out your weapon. You should now have a two star wanted level. Shoot any cop who comes through the door. Every cop you shoot makes your gun skill go up by about five. Do this until you either die, run out of bullets, or enable the 'Lower wanted level' code.
38. Survive high falls: Max out your health bar and get full armor. Go to a high building, such as the one in the Downtown area of Los Santos. Get on the roof and jump off without a parachute in your inventory. When you hit the ground, you will lose most of your life, but still have a small amount remaining. Note: If you have a parachute in your inventory, you will die when you hit the ground.
39. Survive high falls (2): Repeatedly tap Square as CJ is falling to take less damage when he hits the ground.
40. Survive high falls (3): If you accidentally fall off a very high building, enable the 'Spawn parachute' code. Press Circle to pop the parachute and you will drift safely down to the ground.
41. Return to land faster: If you get stuck in the water, enable the 'Spawn Hotring Racer' then 'Spawn Jetpack' codes. It will not appear until you are on a non watery surface. Quickly jump on the car. It may be a far ride, but it is better than swimming.
42. Unlimited running boost: Enable the 'Spawn Jetpack' code. When you have Jetpack on, take it off. Then, get about thirty feet behind it so you have running distance. Run into it by using the running boost (hold Left Analog-stick Up and keep tapping X). Just before you run into the Jetpack, release X and keep the Left Analog-stick in running position. This will give you unlimited running boost until the Left Analog-stick is released.
43. Run faster: To run faster, enable the 'Spawn Jetpack' code. Then, hold X while pressing the Left Analog-stick Forward. If done correctly, CJ will run faster than any car.
44. Descend quickly: When stuck at the top of a cliff or a mountain and you need to go to the bottom, do not bother going the long way around to get down safely. Instead, edge yourself to the end of the cliff/ mountain and slowly but surely you will slide down the side and land safely at the bottom.
45. Skydiving: Go to any airport. Look for a yellow arrow at the entrances of the airport where you can buy a ticket to another city. Buy the ticket and start the flight. Do not press X and skip the flight. Wait for the airplane to take off and get high in the air. Press Triangle and CJ will jump out of the airplane with a parachute and begin skydiving. When you want to open the parachute, press Circle and float down. There are also other places you can skydive, such as the tall building in the Downtown area Los Santos, and off the top of Mount Chiliad.
46. Skydiving (2): To get a parachute very easily, get into any type of flying vehicle, except the Jetpack. You will instantly receive a parachute. If you fly high into the air, then jump out of your plane or helicopter, the parachute will automatically be switched into your weapon inventory.
47. Skydive longer: Enable the 'Cars fly away' code. Go to any airport and hit any aircraft. Then, enter that craft. All you have to do is steer. Soon the height meter will just stay up. You will get to fly higher than normal when you do this. Fly as high as you desired, then Jump out for a long trip back to earth.
48. Unlock areas quickly: Enable the 'Wanted level never increases' code. Go to the shaded areas of the game and they will become unlocked. If you go to a safe house and save the game, all areas will be unlocked from now on. However, in order not to be wanted when you go back into these areas, you must enable the 'Wanted level never increases' code again, but you will be free to roam about.
49. Basketball Challenge mini-game: Go to one of the basketball courts that have full courts and a chain link fence round them. One of the hoops will have a basketball. Walk up to the basketball and press Triangle to start playing. While playing basketball, press R3 to start the Basketball Challenge mini-game. A red marker will appear on the court. Run to the red marker and shoot the ball. If you make the shot, the red marker will move to a new spot on the court. The goal of the mini-game is to sink as many shots as you can before time runs out. Each shot you make adds a few seconds on to the clock. When time runs out, CJ will automatically resume playing basketball. Your highest score will recorded and shown the next time you play the Basketball Challenge mini-game.
50. Basketball tricks: While playing basketball, press Circle to spin the ball on your finger. Press Square to roll the ball along your shoulders.
More.. Page Two - Click Here
More GTA San Andreas help? Click here to go to the Main Menu
NEW! Search the net for more Grand Theft Auto San Andreas help
Log a request for cheats and hints for this game. Click Here