AND PLAYING TIPS
HINTS AND TIPS
1. Axis nametags are ALWAYS red and Allies are ALWAYS blue. Remember
2. You will see teammates in your minimap as the color of your
current team: BLUE for Ally and RED if you’re Axis.
3. Strategy. Don't just run, blaze away, and die. This isn't your
standard first-person shooter, and that will get you killed. Think, aim,
move, fall back, repair, get healed, and backup your teammates.
4. Man the shore batteries to keep the ships at bay.
5. Use 16-bit color for better framerates.
6. Experiment with your sound settings for a better framerate. Also
see if you can use hardware acceleration.
7. Don't win the fight but loose the battle. Remember to focus on
control points in Conquest.
8. Memorize and use the radio commands.
9. The direct route to an objective is rarely the safest; use
alternate routes to achieve goals. Be sure to watch the spawn interface when
you are dead, be prepared to click on a new spawn point if yours is lost,
because you don't want to wait for another spawn cycle.
10. Choose your spawn points wisely. Examine your map before
spawning, look for vehicles, and look for places that may be spawn-camped by
the enemy. Do you want to defend or attack? Where is the fighting
concentrated? Do you want to join the main battle or execute a backdoor
strategy of your own?
11. Learn how to use all the weapons at your disposal effectively.
Each hand weapon and vehicle has strengths and weaknesses.
12. Try your best to respond to your teammates' radio commands. If
you're an anti-tank soldier and you hear a request for anti-tank support,
look at your minimap and see who's talking -- they’ll flash yellow
13. If in a conquest game and the spawn point
aren't changing flags, look around for the enemy who might be nearby
14. Keep your eyes open. Snipers, landmines, expacks, and artillery
are silent killers. ALWAYS look out for these.
15. Vary your class to fit the situation. If the enemy is not using
tanks, don't play an anti-tank all the time. If your team is mostly on foot,
be a medic and heal them. If your team is in tanks, be an engineer and fix
them. Supporters are every bit as important as attackers and defenders.
16. If you catch an enemy from behind at a distance, don't shoot
right away -- you may miss and alert him to your presence. Close in a bit
and make it a sure thing.
17. Empty vehicles that are nearby will appear on your minimap as
gray icons. If one of these disappears abruptly, you know an enemy has
jumped into it.
Vehicles: HINTS AND TIPS
1. When driving the tank, take out foot
soldiers with your co-axial machine gun by clicking on your right mouse
button. This allows you to fire the machine gun without exposing yourself to
2. Damage takes armor and angle into account, so shoot tanks from the
sides or behind at a perpendicular (90 degree) angle to maximize inflicted
damage. But remember, shooting at the frontal armor will only cause minimum
3. Artillery can fire further than any other vehicle. Use the
increased range to disrupt enemy movement from safe distances and use
snipers to scout enemy units.
4. Remember to use [C] or [F] keys to change views while in vehicles.
Use them to occasionally look behind you when in vehicles, especially tanks.
Tanks can be destroyed with one good shot from the rear.
5. The scout car can be used as a bomb if driven correctly. Just aim
it at a tank or other target and hit the accelerator. Don’t forget to jump
out before you hit. You can also run over infantry if you’re going fast
6. The APC will heal and resupply you if you sit in the back.
7. Be careful driving over rough terrain, if you’re going
too fast you can damage your vehicle.
8. You can drive over landmines if you go slow enough. Of course
you’re a sitting duck while you navigate this way.
Vehicles: HINTS AND TIPS
1. Zoom and Scoop -- This maneuver is for when you're in a
dive-bomber and have an empty backseat. Fly very, very close to a
ground-based teammate. Have your teammate hold down the enter vehicle key
[E]. If your teammate is close enough, they will pop into the rear seat of
the bomber for a quick getaway. This is really useful in CAPTURE THE FLAG
2. Drop torpedoes from planes at a low altitude or they might go
under the ship you are targeting.
3. Use the [F9] key to toggle your plane's HUD (heads-up display)
on/off. You can fly planes with arrow keys (as default) instead of mouse.
4. If your plane is about to crash, hit [E] to eject and  to open
5. Planes are probably the deadliest vehicles in the game. They can
blow up tanks with one well-placed bomb. Create your own multiplayer game
and practice bombing vehicles. A good bomber is a valuable asset to any
team. Joysticks help A LOT when flying, try binding your yaw and throttle to
the keyboard, but leave the roll and pitch to the joystick. Remember to stay
away from the AA guns!
6. You can resupply your planes by flying slow and low over
airfield/carrier ammo sources. You’ll know you’re near one if the ammo
icon appears on your screen.
7. Airplanes are weakest in the engines... shoot for those in
dogfights. Just a few well-placed shots can turn your opponent into scrap
8. Watch for AA (anti-aircraft) and machineguns... they can turn your
plane into swiss cheese. To avoid these, approach them from below their
horizon and drop a bomb on them as a wake-up call.
9. The B-17 is as slow as a pig... but it can lay a devastating
carpet of bombs on the ground. With two gunners to keep fighters off of you,
this is a potent weapon. Your gunners can also act as paratroopers.
HINTS AND TIPS
1. Short bursts produce higher accuracy than continuously holding the
FIRE key. Firing while standing still, crouching, or prone also helps with
2. Pay attention to uniforms. When you first spawn, look at your
teammates' colors. Usually one team's clothes are darker than the other.
Sometimes the player tags don’t show up quickly, so pay attention. DON'T
KILL YOUR TEAMMATES!
3. When using the sniper rifle, hold the FIRE button down after you
shoot to stay in zoom mode. This will allow you to see how your shot fell.
When you release the FIRE button you will un-zoom and reload.
4. The scout can place cameras with the binoculars fire and the
artillery pieces and ships can cycle through those cameras with [ALT] +
5. Right mouse click when you are on foot for a slightly magnified
6. Shots are not instantaneous; depending on the distance you may
need to aim in front of a moving target. Experiment to find the correct
adjustment for all your weapons
7. You can throw grenades a short distance with [ALT] + FIRE.
8. Choose your kit wisely. Just because you like sniping doesn't mean
your team can survive without a medic.
9. Increase your grenade's distance by jumping when throwing. You can
throw a grenade about a block and a half by doing this.
10. Learn to use the environment as cover, hide behind
trees/rocks/buildings and don’t shoot until you see the whites of their
eyes (you won’t give away your position, and you’ll have a better chance
of getting an easy kill).
11. Tanks are easily outflanked by fast moving foot soldiers. Always
attack tanks from the rear. Throwing grenades beneath the tank is also
12. Land Mines are effective for closing off areas to tank and
vehicle movement. Remember to tell your teammates where you place them.
13. Watch your ammo and health: Grenades may be great for killing
enemy soldiers, but unless you're an anti-tank or engineer soldier, they're
your only weapons against enemy tanks. Remember to reload whenever you see
an ammo box and heal whenever you see a medical locker or APC.
14. Teamwork is your key to winning and getting a good score: Try
working as an anti-tank soldier or engineer with a friendly tank. As he
distracts them in the tank, you can get around them for the killer rear shot
or plant some dynamite. Afterwards, you can repair your ally. If quick
travel is necessary, he can give you a ride. Type a quick message about
strategy, and don't assume he heard it unless he responds.
15. In concentrated street battles often reloading is too slow. Try
switching kits [G] with the guy you just killed!
16. As a medic you can also heal yourself.
17. When in a firefight from a distance, STAY LOW. Go prone or keep
1. You cannot command enemy ships. But you can steal the
airplanes off of their carrier.
2. Submarines go slower under the surface so drive long distances at
surface level and submerge when you spot a target.
3. The destroyer is your only means of sinking a submerged
submarine... keep them near high-priority targets to sniff out those sneaky
4. Watch for the submarine’s periscope. Use radio commands to
notify your team when you’ve seen it. That will give everyone a general
idea of where it’s located.
5. The pilot of the destroyer can drop depth charges with ALT+Fire.
The gunner in the rear turret can use the guns in indirect fire mode if a
sniper calls for artillery.
6. Watch for the shallow water. The bottom will rise abruptly as you
approach dry land. Try to avoid beaching your ships.
7. The battleship can use its guns in indirect fire mode if a sniper
calls for artillery.
8. Ships can take a lot of pounding... but just a few torpedoes will
sink you. Watch out for submarine and torpedo bombers.
9. All ships except the submarine have landing craft attached to
them. These can be used to make landing assaults.
10. The ramp on the landing craft is lowered/raised using the up/down
Submitted by: P